Thursday, June 19, 2008

Learning to Fly


Thanks to the dedication and excellence of training by one Lorenzo Centioli, I am proud to say that I am the world's newest private pilot! I went for the flying test with the FAA yesterday, because I figured nobody would be cruel enough to fail me on my birthday. I had to fly for two hours showing what I would do if the engine quit, if I had to land in a cotton field, how to communicate using words like Bravo and Foxtrot, and how to fly only using the instruments. The examiner said I was "ready to be released on the world" and signed my pilot's license. As scary as it might seem, I'm now allowed to carry passengers and fly wherever all by myself. Everybody get ready for a ride this fall so that we can fly into South Bend for a game just like the VIP alumni do, us in our single engine propeller Cessna, and them in their Lear jets. Thanks for all the birfday messages yesterday. Hope everybody is enjoying the summer
Over and out,
Capt. Seabass

2 comments:

asuozzi said...

Great. I already have to look over my shoulder when I hear cars coming for fear girouard might be driving, now I have to flinch every time I hear a plane in the distance, on the chance that it's el capitan seabs and he's lost control of the plane. Congratulations though, that's awesome; your next task should be to land on some stretch of major highway, a la Con Air.

Anonymous said...

-50 points for spelling it "birfday". Other than that, congratulations on a successful pilot's test.