Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A trip down memory lane ...

I was going to post this on Section 29, but I guess it's a fancy-pants ND blog now, so this might be the right avenue. George's introductory post on Section 29 (congrats go entirely to him, by the way, for putting out a marvelous product). I started clicking on the archives and came across this gem. Remember how things used to be?

From Angelo Suozzi, July 20, 2005 (emphasis added):
Second, while I did participate in my first official games of BeerPong ... I do, however, wish to announce my retirement from the sport; I will go out undefeated and untied, with a flawless 2-0 record (though a Ricky Williams-style comeback might be in order, if the opportunity presents itself).
Are you trying to say that Ricky Williams is going to come back some year and rush for 23,000 yards? Or are you saying you were high and doing yoga for your entire senior year? I am confused.

1 comment:

George said...

Kev, Section 29 is and forever shall-be the complete opposite of fancy-pants. Fond recollections like this are not only welcome, they are encouraged so as to prevent us all from slashing our wrists due to flashbacks of the Michigan '07 game.