Monday, February 11, 2008

Seriously, Nobody Thought of This?

I was gonna put this up in the comments to Kev's post, but like Kev I found that impossible since comments forbid the use of visual aids.

First off, Kev, my sincere apologies. I guess I miscalculated - I never figured one would consider being compared to the creative force behind "Walker, Texas Ranger" as an insult. But to explain the madness behind my method, the real equalizer here was the presence of the chinstrap. Few celebs have ever pulled it off successfully, and appreciable chinstrap-ness was essential in determining your celebrity look-alike. That pulled Mr. Haggis to the front of the pack.

Meanwhile, I did have a self-deprecating look-alike ready to include in the original Sunday evening post, but it was (at least in my mind) so obvious and previously discussed that I decided to leave it out, figuring somebody would hit me back with it. And no, it was not Artie Lang, who I must concede I have an unsettling resemblance with, though not when clean-shaven as seen in that JPW picture. If I develop a little bit of scruff over the course of about 10 days, Mr. Lang and I could quite easily be confused (whether that's to my detriment or not, I leave to people smarter than myself...namely everyone...to decide).

Anyway, I must say I'm surprised that given the previous track record of this particular comparison between myself and another bulky quasi-famous person, that after 24 whole hours nobody came back with it (especially disappointed in Paul, Kev, Angelo, & Pat). Without further ado...

George Heidkamp












Celebrity Doppelgänger
White Sox closer Bobby Jenks (The Wide, Tall Guy)












Maybe it was too obvious. I really don't know.

Additionally, I have to say I'm flattered you would consider my calves in the same league as Mr. Maraby's. I don't who he is, but he must be on every single anabolic steroid known to man. And lastly, due credit must be given to Thomas McCall, who pointed out some time ago that Mr. Girouard & Mr. Steves might as well have been born from the same test tube.

No comments: